Monday, August 5, 2013

Shingles All The Way UP!

 
HA!
 
The part of the roof that was prepped for shingles now HAS shingles!  I also trimmed off a bunch of branches from up there while I was in the mood for rooftops.  The 2x4 are my 'ladder' to the top, where I still have work to do on the ridge - and I have to finish the front ridge (trim the shingles and cut my old three-tab shingles to cap that ridge). 
 
I'm hoping to be able to use the old metal ridge-cap for the top - I like the look of it, and the balls at the ends ... if I can find enough that's still in good enough shape I want to use it.  There's still one section that's in really good shape on the remaining dormer, and I have more lying about somewhere. 
 
No, these shingles don't match the other half of the house, but so be it.  They're what's available so they're what I used.  They're darker, which might be an asset as the winter sun is to the south and black holds sun-heat.  At any rate, they're where they're supposed to be now! 
 
AND I have rain gutters to clean out. 
 
But not tonight. 
 
Tonight I write and sketch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment