Tuesday, July 2, 2013

PLAN A: STILL WORKING FULL SPEED AHEAD

I really ought to have been taking photos all along here ... sigh ... but I'm making good progress, although undocumented by pictures! 

As items find their homes, the chaos diminishes only to crop in yet another room as one begins to take shape. 

Boxes get moved from one room to another in a kind of rotation.  While I'm putting things away in one room, the boxes that don't belong there get moved to another room.  If there's no space in the room they SHOULD go into, they get moved yet again when I advance to the room they're currently in. 

Eventually they will all at least get into the rooms they'll be unpacked in.  I hope. 

Today I brought my freezer over so am now well stocked with food.  My sister helped me get it into place and then I helped her move some things from town out to her farm, so it's a wash on the helping each other thing this time. 

Also tonight I did a mite of wiring.  It was no big deal and took all of a few minutes, but what an enormous difference it makes to have a stove.  Luckily for me the new breaker box I put in some time back came with a 220 breaker.  All I had to do was hook the wiring up, and I had the 220 from before when I bought like ten times more than I needed. 

An update on the CLEANING HOUSE HERE end of things.  I've filled another five boxes of clothes I haven't worn or even looked at in years!  I've also designated another two chairs for the dump and begun filling the front porch with the stuff that will be heading for the burn pile. 

In between there's a lot more sorting and filing. 

I have a LOT of art-related supplies and need to build myself some shelves SOON so I can unpack all the boxes and get an inventory of sorts made. 

My find of the day are boxes I'd forgotten I had - filled with 100 year old cedar shakes from when part of the roof got re-done!  I salvaged them and use them to paint on.  One of these days I'll post some photos of some, but not right this minute.

Right this minute I'm whupped and am going to read and listen to some Celtic Serenity and then GO TO SLEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment